You can rest assured that we have been keeping you safe with our rigid decontamination processes for over 20 years. Due to COVID-19, we have made some changes at the practice and this is what you can expect the next time you visit. We really appreciate your cooperation and hope to return to a more normal service soon!
Before your appointment we will…
- ring you ahead of your appointment to give you important information
- screen for COVID-19 by asking questions about your current state of health & that of your household
- send you an email to ask for you consent to be treated during the COVID-19 outbreak – please reply to the email to give your consent
- send you a medical history form – if possible, please complete this and email it back to us or fill it in and bring it along with you. If you can’t print it, don’t worry, you can fill a form in at your appointment.
On the day please…
- ensure you are well hydrated, have used the toilet and have cleaned your teeth
- come to your appointment on your own, if possible
- limit the possessions you bring with you
- if you arrive by car, please park in the car and call us on 01926 339993 for instructions
- if you arrive on foot please ring the doorbell at your booked appointment time
These measures are designed to limit the number of people in the practice and to reduce the number of areas used by patients.
Entering our practice…
- please ring the doorbell once and we will answer as soon as possible
- please wear a mask or face-covering like a scarf when you come into the practice
- we may take your temperature at the door (depending on the current guidelines)
- we will ask you to sanitise your hands with an alcohol spray
- our reception team will be behind a Perspex screen
- our waiting room now looks very sparse with wipe-clean chairs and no magazines (sorry!)
- we will ask you to put coats and bags into a box and we will bring this into the surgery for you
These measures are designed to keep people safe as social distancing isn’t possible everywhere in our practice and to keep the surgeries as clean as possible.
- all surgeries will be cleaned and disinfected between patients according to guidelines
- our team will be wearing full PPE
As you leave…
- we will ask you to proceed by yourself to reception
- we can only take payment by card and, if reception is busy, you can pay by bank transfer from home
- we may pre-book your next appointment. If this is not suitable, please call us later to re-arrange
These measures are designed to reduce congestion at reception.