Interested in dermal fillers treatment? Then you no doubt have a lot of questions you want to ask – even if you’ve had an injectable before. Here at Clarendon House, a dental practice based in Leamington Spa, we might be more renowned for our dentistry, but we also offer a range of aesthetic treatments to help clients beautify their smiles. We’re highly experienced at carrying out dermal filler treatment, so without further ado, here are the most common questions we hear regarding this popular procedure.
1. Do dermal fillers hurt?
There are lots of reasons why we say dermal fillers are a pain-free option:
- Fine needles – unlike those used for, say, a vaccination, needles used for facial aesthetics are extremely fine, which minimises pain and problems such as bruising.
- Numbing agents – these help your skin feel comfortable during the procedure – you likely won’t even feel the injections.
- Zero downtime – you won’t need to book time off work for dermal fillers, and could even have the treatment during your lunch hour.
- Mild side-effects – in most cases, clients experience some redness or tenderness around the injection sites, and it’s possible to have light bruising and/or swelling. Serious side-effects are extremely rare.
- Safer than surgery? – it’s possible that dermal fillers are a safer option than surgery (for example, a face lift) and they certainly require less in the way of recovery.
2. How often do I need treatment?
Dermal filler results vary as everyone’s skin is different, and age and lifestyle need to be factored in (for instance, athletes might metabolise the fillers faster). As a rough guide, though, you can expect the effects to last around 9 months, and you may see immediate results.
3. Are results obvious?
Whatever treatment option you go for, we aim to target signs of facial ageing with a subtle, natural-looking lift and touch here and there. You’ll likely look younger and more refreshed after treatment, but it shouldn’t be ‘obvious’ you’ve had a procedure. Of course, if you’re looking for more noticeable results, this is something we can discuss during your consultation.
4.What can you treat?
We typically treat the areas around the nose, mouth and forehead and use dermal filler to boost volume and fill in deep lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers can also be used to sculpt and contour the skin (hence non-surgical face lift).
5. Are dermal fillers expensive?
Dermal fillers are much more affordable alternative to surgery or even permanent fillers. We’re priced competitively to give you real value, while ensuring our practitioners are paid fairly. Our facial rejuvenation expert has years of experience and is Harley Street trained.
To book an appointment for dermal fillers, get in touch with our friendly team today here at our dental practice in Leamington Spa.